The South East Trade Training Centre is a purpose built; contemporary training facility that incorporates excellence in design to deliver an innovative educational facility. Students include highly disadvantaged young people together with adults entering VET courses. The centre will focus on sustainable / organic food production and hospitality (commercial cooking).
The scope of works comprise:-
- Construction of a new Hospitality and Horticulture training centre, including a main building; propagation, nursery and storage outbuildings.
- Fenced courtyard with gravel surface and shade structure to propagate seedlings.
- Material storage bays.
- Widening of existing driveway and provision of four new car parks and one disabled access car park.
- Native vegetation landscaping and horticulture.
- The site is level and is open space currently used as part of the Sorell District School Farm.
The Brief identifies the concept of ‘Paddock to Plate’, which has been developed within the architecture and landscaping, to provide a unique and engaging facility, which is purpose designed to suit the curriculum.